Oraco is a branding and communications agency based on the Mornington Peninsula with a varied portfolio of international and Australian clients. Recognised as a WRK+ Great Workplace in 2022, we are a close-knit team of dedicated creatives and communicators passionate about building and nurturing brands for forward-thinking businesses creating positive change.
We are seeking a Junior Graphic Designer for a permanent, full time role, working on-site at our Mornington office. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone like-minded and dedicated who thrives working within a fast-paced agency environment.
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting with design, including illustrations, layouts, videos, animations, and photos, as well as supporting the strategic direction of social media calendars, client campaigns and brand development.
Role & Responsibilities
- Use creative design skills to inspire, inform and engage a diverse range of audiences.
- Conceptualise and design content for client social media channels, including tiles, carousels, stop motions, reels, stories, etc.
- Support with social media administration tasks where required, including caption writing, briefs, scheduling, community management, reporting, etc.
- Conceptualise and design content for print and other digital channels including web, email, collateral, and signage, etc.
- Interpret briefs, workshop a brief response and deliver the required outcomes.
- Research and identify design trends that are relevant for our client’s brands.
- Support in the development of brand identity, as well as adhere to existing brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with a variety of project stakeholders, including content creators, senior designers, managers, and suppliers.
- Liaison with suppliers, including printers, developers, sign writers, etc.
- Finished art and print production management.
Skills & Experience
- A relevant qualification in graphic design.
- Conceptual and creative thinking.
- Sound knowledge and skills in print production and finished art, as well as the ability to understand various print materials and installation methods.
- Thrive on working collaboratively within a team environment, as well as autonomously.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organisation and time management skills.
- Proven experience and skills in the full Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, etc.).
- Photo retouching and deep etching skills.
- Fluency in the Microsoft office suite, in particular; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence key leaders across the business as well as clients.
- Experience working within a MAC environment required.
- Experience in CMS, such as WordPress, and a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS advantageous
- Experience setting up electronic direct mail within email marketing platforms, such as MailChimp, advantageous.
- Basic photography, videography and production skills advantageous.
What Oraco has to Offer
- Freedom to execute your own ideas and creativity
- Competitive earnings and incentives
- Growth and professional development
- Great company culture and a close-knit team
- One-on-one mentoring and coaching
- Regular team building days and workshops
- A challenging environment with a range of clients from different industries, where you will be able to push yourself and learn new skills
To be considered for this role, please fill in the form below and include:
- Your cover letter and resume
- Your portfolio (Link to website or file under 5mb)
This position is available immediately. All applicants will be treated confidentially and only successful applicants with be contacted.
Oraco is an equal opportunity employer. Our values define our culture and the environment we strive to create. We embrace a diverse culture with a range of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. We welcome applications from talented people of all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and discrimination.