Oraco is a branding and communications agency based on the Mornington Peninsula with a varied portfolio of international and Australian clients. We are a close-knit team of dedicated creatives and communicators passionate about building and nurturing brands for forward-thinking businesses that create positive change.
We are seeking a Junior Front-End Web Developer for a permanent, full time role, working on-site at our Mornington office.
The Web Developer is responsible for building new and updating existing websites, as well as providing IT support where required.
The position encompasses the entire website process from setup and strategy, through to development, ongoing maintenance, site integration, hosting and security updates.
Role & Responsibilities
- Use web skills to inspire, inform and engage a diverse range of audiences.
- Interpret briefs, workshop a brief response and deliver the required outcomes.
- Work with relevant internal and external teams to build websites from initial concept, site architecture and layout, through to the finished deliverable.
- Initiate and deliver proactive strategies to improve user experience.
- Develop custom WordPress themes and templates.
- Maintain and upgrade platforms, plugins and themes, as well as fix bugs and troubleshoot problems.
- Support with general website content updates, including updating copy and imagery, adding blogs, and maintain eCommerce sites, etc.
- Test websites across various browsers and devices.
- Migrate websites from internal staging servers to live/client servers.
- Liaise with hosting service providers to ensure optimal delivery and performance of hosting environment.
- Maintain and update websites in line with SEO, accessibility and usability optimisation guidelines.
Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years’ development experience.
- Experience with various open-source web platforms (inc. WordPress).
- Ability to interpret API documentation and integrate web services in a variety of formats (XML-RPC, REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Experience with applying pixels and tracking codes, as well as setting up and managing Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- IT support and troubleshooting experience, including hosting fundamentals (inc. MySQL, cPanel, etc.)
- A passion for web and digital technology.
- A strong focus on quality design and an aptitude for UX/UI design.
- Critical thinking, strong time-management and exceptional analytical problem-solving skills.
- Thrive on working collaboratively within a team environment, as well as autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence key leaders across the business as well as clients.
- Experience setting up HTML email signatures and electronic direct mail within email marketing platforms (inc. Mailchimp) desirable.
- Experience with Exclaimer Cloud advantageous.
- Experience with Figma advantageous.
What Oraco has to Offer
- Mornington location with beaches, bars and cafes around the corner
- Competitive earnings and incentives
- Career growth and professional development
- Great company culture and a close-knit team
- One-on-one mentoring and coaching
- Weekly and monthly WIPs outside the office
- Regular team building days and workshops
- A challenging environment with a range of clients from different industries, where you will be able to push yourself and learn new skills
To be considered for this role, please fill in the form below and include:
- Your cover letter and resume
- Your portfolio (Link to website or file under 5mb)
This position is available immediately. All applicants will be treated confidentially and only successful applicants with be contacted.
Oraco is an equal opportunity employer. Our values define our culture and the environment we strive to create. We embrace a diverse culture with a range of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. We welcome applications from talented people of all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and discrimination.